SCOPE/GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for providing medical coding, coding training and auditing services to physician practices, billing companies and hospitals and other related entities with a concentration on coding audits of physician and hospital outpatient claims, and coding education. Also, to include auditing of internal Coding + staff as well as continued training and possible corrective action coding reviews
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide training to all RCCS coders regarding new tasks, new clients, cross-training and continuing education.
- Perform coding audits of coder work during training processes and once completed periodically to ensure maintained quality. Feedback will be provided in various forms including written explanation and training sessions based on coder educational needs.
- Create clear explanations of errors as well as authoritative guidance for coding recommendations for all reviews.
- Acts as a liaison for coding specialists regarding coding guidelines questions and assist with coding specialist onboarding and cross-training. Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and all other RCCS and client information.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding and ability to research all aspects of coding, compliance, documentation and reimbursement for assigned specialties.
- Maintain accurate records of time spent on tasks for both client and non-client projects.
- Assist in the recruiting/interview process for all Coding+ staff
- Adheres to all RCCS Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- National certification in coding (AHIMA or AAPC) or health information management required.
- 4+ years coding experience with progressive educational and auditing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of coding, documentation and reimbursement.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of health care administration principals.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees and clients.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS coding related to Evaluation and Management, radiology, surgical and/or oncology practices.
- Must be competent and comfortable with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff, clients and the general public.