SCOPE/GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for coordinating and providing consulting duties specific to Client & Corporate Resources by ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of resources, educational materials, and Client and internal staff requests for coding, billing, and regulatory content. This includes conducting research, writing, developing, coordinating, and editing materials for Clients, technical, and administrative publications in print or electronic media. Provide day to day oversight for the Client & Corporate Resources team including the performance of ongoing QA of team members, evaluate executed engagements and work with the Executive Director to assign to appropriate Client Services team member, and monitor progress to ensure projects are completed timely and accurately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the day-to-day functions of the Client & Corporate Resources (Coding Content Specialists) team. Including
- Ensure project management tools are appropriately utilized by the team
- Review executed contracts with the Executive Director for appropriate project assignments to the team. Communicate and monitor project plans with the assigned consultants.
- Perform QA of final client deliverables prior to delivery to ensure accuracy and consistency with internal and external policies.
- Assist the Executive Director in the preparation and maintenance of reimbursement tools for Client and internal use
- Participate in orientation and onboarding of new team members
- Manage handoff between initial client contact and assigned consultant
- Manage projects and tasks assigned to the Client Services team and ensures consulting services with client in accordance with their contractual agreement
- Perform QA of all new team members and provide feedback as needed or coordinate the necessary education
- Partner with the Executive Director to track data and information related to department goals
- Assist with the interviewing and hiring process.
- Prepare and participate in the annual evaluation process. Coordinate with the Executive Director to complete the evaluation.
- Ensure accurate record of time spent on all assignments (client and non-client work) by self and team members
- Provides consulting services with client in accordance with contractual agreements
- Monitors regulatory, compliance and coding information, compiles, disseminates, and oversees the information provided to RCCS staff, for revision to products, and prepare content for distribution to clients
- Use the Internet, the firm’s internal reference library, and other resources to locate the information needed to create and update deliverables
- Ability to work with necessary payment system files to assist Executive Director in creation, updating, and maintenance of reimbursement models and calculators
- Provide and oversee support to Clients and staff responding to questions and requests for content through designated client portals and RCCS website; Q&A, current coding, billing, and regulatory content, recorded webinars, and reimbursement information as specific to the client and portal
- Participate in the development and/or revisions of coding products as assigned or requested
- Author relevant coding articles for local and national publications
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Communicates with Executive Director regarding client concerns, issues or assistance as needed
- Strives to achieve maximum exposure and strong public image of Revenue Cycle Coding Strategies to all industry stakeholders
- Works on ensuring a strong, positive relationship between all company divisions
- Ensures compliance with company Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency. Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal Regulations
- Participates in tradeshows and exhibiting duties as assigned, providing customer support and recognizing sales opportunities to benefit RCCS
- Ability to perform medical record and/or end of treatment billing summation reviews
- Create and deliver accurate and well-written reports and be able to present the findings to the client in an appropriate and professional manner as appropriate
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and all other company and client information
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a consultant, auditor/educator, or compliance professional in healthcare.
- Minimum three (3) years coding job experience
- Previous experience managing employees
- Knowledge of coding, documentation, and reimbursement (payment systems)
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health care administration principles
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve business unit objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staffing in health care provider organizations and business related organizations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with all employees and clients
- Effective management skills
- Highly detail-oriented individual with outstanding analytical and writing skills, and ability to communicate professionally with clients and employees of RCCS.
- Knowledge of CPT-4, diagnosis and HCPCS coding.
- Must be competent and comfortable with MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff, clients, and the general public.