SCOPE/GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for overseeing the overall team performance of Revenue Cycle Consulting to ensure all clients’ needs and expectations are met and maintained. Assisting the President of Revenue Cycle Coding Strategies (RCCS) in seeking out and exploring new business lines with existing and prospective clients in the healthcare industry as well as developing new
consulting ideas and revenue streams for RCCS. Must have extensive knowledge in all aspects of the Revenue Cycle in both the facility and physician setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages, coordinates & provides services to potential and current clients and seek out business opportunities for the delivery of revenue cycle consulting
- Maintain up to date deliverables to meet goals of project and industry expectations
- Develop and maintain master training materials for revenue cycle functions for accuracy and consistency with internal and external policies
- Monitors, mentors & manages employees within the revenue cycle division
- Review project management needs for tools and appropriate workflow to support team efficiency and accuracy
- Leads revenue cycle projects and provides guidance to division in collaboration with upper management
- Collaborates closely with directors and management of RCCS and affiliated companies
- Maintains awareness of related industry trends and key areas of concern
- Works with finance/accounting to conduct financial planning and analysis for the revenue cycle division and provides input related to companywide goals
- Monitors current clients to ensure agreements are fulfilled and clients are satisfied with the services provided
- Ensures Client deliverables are appropriate and within the format consistent with RCCS standards
- Identifies new areas of services for clients and division based on need and potential market shifts
- Monitors government regulations & programs and presents information to the company and clients
- Conducts and participates in webinar trainings, creation of documents and materials for clients and the company regarding reimbursement and related revenue cycle areas of concern
- Prepares and conducts information and education speeches for industry organizations
- Attends trade shows for marketing, vendor relations and potential new business opportunities
- Works with the marketing department to assist with updating website, brochures and all marketing materials to
- provide informative, appealing information
- Coordinates with HR and Leadership to recruit qualified candidates for open positions
- Mentor staff on performance and documentation of employee evaluations and goal setting
- Monitor authoritative guidance and apply changes in policy/stance as agreed upon by RCCS Leadership
- Assess staff educational needs and establish plan of action for completion
- Mentor staff on identifying opportunities for staff development and progression of skill set
- Monitor departmental trends to assess future staffing needs.
- Responsible for preparing industry related articles for publication
- Strives to achieve maximum exposure and strong public image of RCCS to all physicians, clinical staff, revenue cycle and related industry markets
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and cost effective health care delivery issues when performing consulting work
- Works on ensuring a strong, positive relationship between all company divisions
- Ensures compliance with RCCS Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency. Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal Regulations
- Maintain accurate records of time spent
- Submit accurate invoices and expense reports timely
- Ability to provide consulting services per client contractual agreements
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Extensive experience in revenue cycle operations is required
- Advanced coding certification preferred.
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health care administration principles
- Extensive knowledge of facility and physician revenue cycle operations from patient visit through zero balance
- Adheres to all RCCS Corporate Policies and Procedures
- Highly detail‐oriented individual with outstanding analytical and writing skills, and ability to communicate professionally with clients and employees of RCCS.
- Knowledge of clinical processes and procedures as they relate to served specialties
- Knowledge of business procedures as they relate to the healthcare marketplace
- Knowledge of insurance agency operating procedures and practices
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion and decision‐making to achieve business unit objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff in physician practices, hospitals and business related organizations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with all employees and clients
- Effective management skills
- Ability to write, edit and convey client deliverables in a formal style.
- Knowledge of financial planning and analysis as it relates to RCCS business
- Knowledge of CPT‐4, ICD‐10‐CM and HCPCS coding.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye‐hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff,
clients and the general public.