PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for providing consulting
services to physician practices, billing companies, hospitals and other related
healthcare entities with a concentration on coding/compliance audits of
physician and hospital outpatient claims coupled with coding education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform coding/compliance audits of physician and hospital outpatient services, either at the client’s location or remotely, per client preference and consistent with the scope of the contract.
- Create and deliver accurate and well-written audit reports, including clear explanations of errors as well as authoritative guidance for coding recommendations for all projects
- Prepare customize training materials to the client’s specific needs.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and all other RCCS and client information.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding and ability to research all aspects of coding, compliance, documentation and reimbursement for assigned specialties.
- Maintain accurate records of time spent on tasks for both client and non-client projects.
- Submit accurate invoices and expense reports timely to the appropriate internal departments following corporate guidelines.
- Adheres to all RCCS Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Traveling 50%-80% of the time
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of job experience as a
consultant, educator, or compliance professional in healthcare
- AHIMA or AAPC coding credential is
preferred. Must be willing to obtain
coding certification within one year.
- Knowledge of coding, documentation and
- Knowledge of organization policies and
- Knowledge of health care administration
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment,
discretion and decision-making to achieve objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving
- Ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with all employees and clients.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS coding
related to Evaluation and Management, radiology, surgical and/or oncology
- Highly detail-oriented individual with
outstanding analytical and writing skills, and ability to communicate
professionally with clients and employees of RCCS.
- Must be competent and comfortable with MS Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual
and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally
requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and
carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires
corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment
characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent
interaction with staff, clients and the general public.