SCOPE/GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for consulting duties specific to Client & Corporate Resources by ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of resources, educational materials, and Client and internal staff requests for coding, billing, and regulatory content. This is includes conducting research, writing, developing, coordinating, and editing materials for Clients, technical, and administrative publications in print or electronic media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors regulatory, compliance and coding information, compiles, disseminates information provided to RCCS staff, for revision to products, and prepare content for distribution to clients
- Use the Internet, the firm’s internal reference library, and other resources to locate the information needed to create and update deliverables
- Provide support to Clients and staff responding to questions and requests for content through designated client portals and RCCS website; Q&A, current coding, billing, and regulatory content, recorded webinars, and reimbursement information as specific to the client and portal
- Author relevant coding articles for local and national publications
- Create, edit, and provide training and/or tools (e.g., PowerPoint presentations) to complete ongoing client education and training as needed and/or assigned
- Participate in the development and/or revisions of coding products as assigned or requested
- Assist with the assembly and creation of exercises, cases and assessment questions for on-line courses and webinars including answers and rationale
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Assist with the selection of photographs and other graphics to illustrate courses and products
- Communicates with Executive Director regarding client concerns, issues or assistance as needed
- Strives to achieve maximum exposure and strong public image of Revenue Cycle Coding Strategies to all industry stakeholders
- Works on ensuring a strong, positive relationship between all company divisions
- Ensures compliance with company Policies and Procedures to maximize efficiency. Ensures compliance with appropriate industry regulations and State and Federal Regulations
- Ability to provide consulting services per client contractual agreements and ensure the deliverables outlined in the Scope of Work are met and provided
- Participates in tradeshows and exhibiting duties as assigned, providing customer support and recognizing sales opportunities to benefit RCCS
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients, medical staff, finances and all other company and client information
- Additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Coding certification(s) required by one or more of the following bodies: AHIMA, RCCB, AAPC.
- Willingness to obtain additional industry specific certifications within one year of employment.
- Clinical experience is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of coding, documentation, and reimbursement (payment systems)
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Knowledge of health care administration principles
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve business unit objectives.
- Skill in identifying and resolving problems
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staffing in health care provider organizations and business related organizations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with all employees and clients
- Effective management skills
- Highly detail-oriented individual with outstanding analytical and writing skills, and ability to communicate professionally with clients and employees of RCCS.
- Knowledge of CPT-4, diagnosis and HCPCS coding.
- Must be competent and comfortable with MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. The position additionally requires standing/sitting for extensive periods of time. Occasional lifting and carrying items weighing up to forty (40) pounds may be required. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff, clients and the general public.