SCOPE / GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position performs a variety of accounting tasks to assist the Accounting Department, primarily the Accounts Payable function. Completes all transactions in a GAAP based accrual accounting system in use for the companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the Accounts Payable process to include the expense coding and entering of bills into the accounting system
- Assist with the Accounts Receivable process, correctly applying payments into the accounting system
- Audit employee expense reports
- Post all credit card charges and payments to Quickbooks
- Maintain W-9 records for all vendors
- Assist with 1099 processing at year-end
- Prepare customer invoicing and collection efforts
- Must have experience with the re-billing of clients; i.e. travel expenses, etc.
- Must have experience with intercompany transactions
- Work with General Ledger accounts
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist with organization and filing
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum three (3) years of practical accounting experience required. Pursuing a degree in Accounting is preferred but not required.
- Firm understanding of the basic principles of accounting.
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop preferred.
- Experience with Bill.com is preferred but not required.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Excellent organization, communication, follow-through, and execution skills.
- Proficiency in business correspondence & communications.
- Detailed oriented, highly efficient & focused individual possessing the ability to get things done accurately, efficiently and on time.
- Excellent communication skills needed to be effective in working with both frontline staff and senior management.
- Must have the ability to think critically and independently
- Must be a self-starter
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office environment involving frequent interaction with staff and clients.