Make sure to stop by booth #523 and meet with the industry experts of Revenue Cycle Coding Strategies at the AHRA Annual Meeting 2021. We will be exhibiting IN-PERSON in Nashville, TN with medical imaging professionals from across the nation. Make sure to catch Melody W. Mulaik, MSHS, FAHRA, as she speaks about regulatory updates for 2021-2022, and Coding/Compliance tips and tricks to help set you up for success. Have a compliance concern? Stop by and say hello to Jenny Studdard, RCC, CCS-P CPC at RCCS’s booth.
Revenue Cycle Coding Strategies Booth #523
Click here to register for this conference
Regulatory Update 2021
Presented by: Melody W. Mulaik, MSHS, President, RCCS and Sheila M. Sferrella, MAS, CRA, RT(R), FAHRA, President, Regents Health Resources
August 1, 2021, | 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Healthcare regulatory changes continue to impact imaging administrators at a rapid pace affecting both compliance and reimbursement. This session will focus on OPPS and MPFS proposed as well as finalized (if available) legislation and changes for 2021-2022. Appropriate Use Criteria (AUC) also known as Clinical Decision Support (CDS), Surprise Billing legislation, COVID impact to imaging volumes as well as other key issues will be reviewed during this session. The operational impact to your organization will also be discussed as well as any relevant AHRA surveys to see how you compare with your colleagues.
You will learn to:
• Discuss key regulatory initiatives affecting imaging providers
• Ensure attendees understand the short and long-term issues associated with regulatory changes.
• Ensure attendees are aware of existing and potential regulatory issues impacting reimbursement for hospitals, IDTFs and imaging centers.
Coding and Compliance Tips & Traps: Equipping Yourself for Success
Presented by: Melody W. Mulaik, MSHS, President, RCCS
August 2, 2021, | 2:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
This session will include an overview of key coding and compliance issues of this growingly complex area that challenges radiology professionals daily. Radiology Managers/Administrators must be able to effectively manage or oversee coding and compliance for their departments/organizations to ensure revenue is not inappropriately gained or forfeited. In addition, key compliance issues that impact radiology will be reviewed to ensure understanding. Specialty specific coding concerns, orders, supervision guidelines, the use of non-physician practitioners and RPAs and more will be covered in this exciting session.
You will learn to:
• Review key coding and compliance areas of concern to equip radiology managers/administrators will the knowledge they need to successful oversee and manage these functions within in their organization.
• Understand how radiology coding/billing is different from other specialties/departments and discuss key areas of concern to avoid compliance concerns.
• Review operational concerns that cause the great compliance challenges including but not limited supervision and the use of physician extenders.